The project work constitutes a major component in most of the professional programmes and it is to be carried out with due care and should be executed with seriousness by the candidates.
TYPE OF PROJECT
As majority of the students are expected to work out a real life project in some industry/research and development laboratories/educational institutions/software companies, it is suggested that the project is to be chosen which should have some direct relevance in day-to-day activities of the candidates in his/her institution. Students are encouraged to work in the areas listed at the end. However, it is not mandatory for a student to work on a real life project. The student can formulate a project problem with the help of Guide.
PROJECT PROPOSAL (SYNOPSIS)
The project proposal should be prepared in consultation with your guide.
The project proposal should clearly state the project objectives and the environment of the proposed project to be undertaken.
The project work should compulsorily include the software development.
The project proposal should contain complete details in the following form:
1. Title of the Project
2. Introduction and Objectives of the Project
3. Project Category (RDBMS/OOPS/Networking/Multimedia/Artificial Intelligence/Expert Systems etc.)
4. Analysis (DFDs at least up to second level , ER Diagrams/ Class Diagrams/ Database Design etc. as per the project requirements).
5. A complete structure which includes: Number of modules and their description to provide an estimation of the student‟s effort on the project. Data Structures as per the project requirements for all the modules. Process Logic of each module. Testing process to be used. Reports generation ( Mention tentative content of report)
6. Tools / Platform, Hardware and Software Requirement specifications
7. Are you doing this project for any Industry/Client? Mention Yes/No. If Yes, Mention the Name and Address of the Industry or Client
8. Future scope and further enhancement of the project